
Today Diana and I went to Dover and Canterbury. This trip was optional, and I'm definitely glad I went. Our first stop was the castle above. You can tell I was really paying attention because I don't recall the name of the castle! We ran round the castle for about 45 minutes before continuing on to Dover.

The picture above is a really ugly bird/duck thing that was running around the castle. Katie, because of your bio class you are obviously a bird expert. Any clue what this bird is!? I felt really badly for it because it was so ugly.

The white cliffs at Dover made the entire trip worth it. Diana and I spent the whole hour and a half in Dover wading in the English Channel with the white cliffs in the background. It was also warm enough that we laid out on the pebble beach and sunned ourselves for awhile. It was wonderful. The water was pretty cold, but it felt great. We had the perfect day today. Plenty of sunshine and no rain!
After Dover we went to Canterbury. We toured the Canterbury Cathedral. It was just like all the other cathedrals I've toured and to be perfectly honest I'm sick of Cathedrals. Nonetheless, it was cool to see where Thomas A Beckett was murdered/martyred. After touring the Cathedral we got ice cream, walked around the shops, got a bit of a snack, and then got back on the bus to go to London. All in all it was a good day and I even got my history reading done on the bus. All I have left is some English reading and then I'm done for the night. (Although I'm going to start my write-ups for the culture class)
Tomorrow after classes Diana and I are going to go to the Cabinet and War Rooms exhibit in the Imperial War Museum. That should be really interesting.
I love the pictures of the castles, that would be so amazing to see. Cute picture of you jumping on the beach
ReplyDeleteoh man, not even I can identify such a creature. what an unfortunate situation. to be so ugly, I mean.
ReplyDeletePoor unfortunate creature...it looks like a cross between a moorhen, shelduck and greylag goose! Hopefully it has a mate. The cliffs in the background look amazing. I have heard many wonderful things about the "White Cliffs of Dover", people have written many poems and songs about them. Can't wait till you come home and we go to the beach in NC!
ReplyDeleteMiss you much!!!
Love,
MOM
PS-FYI: The ugly fowl in your picture...it is a Muscovy Duck indigenous to the UK. I am sure it is attractive to its own species.
ReplyDeleteLove,
MOM