Sunday, July 19, 2009

Believe it or not...

Ok. So before I tell you all about today's events I'll give a short re-cap of yesterday. Oh, and the picture above and below are the pictures from Hampton Court of all the antlers.

So Saturday I woke up to Diana's beautiful face. She was shaking me, asking me if I wanted to go on a walk with them and end up at Buckingham Palace for the changing of the guard. I jumped out of bed, threw on some clothes, and went on a walk. The changing of the guard was quite fun, and we were really close to the guards. I don't know HOW they see with those huge hats on. They practically cover their eyes! It was interesting because the band marching with them was playing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow".

After the walk I went over to Queensway and got a cell phone for the last few weeks of the trip. It's weird having a phone again. I feel like I'll completely neglect my phone when I get home. It's nice not being constantly in contact with everyone. Anyway, after I got to the centre I changed into my new cute sweats to go to a dance class with Koryl. We got on the tube and once we got to the dance studio I was feeling really, really sick to my stomach. So I turned around and got back on the tube and went back to the centre. Very disappointing. However, that did give me time to prepare my lesson for Young Women.

Later that evening, I started to get ready for the ballet I was going to with Koryl, Robyn, Melissa, and Sarah. I put on my new really really cute blue dress, and by some freak accident with my eye-liner, pulled off this ridiculously good-looking thick eye-liner look (think The Veronicas) I tried on my new belt over the dress to complete the look and went downstairs to ask Erica if it looked ok. She said that it looked ok, but that she had a belt in her closet that would look better.

Now, I am not a graceful person by any means. While hastening up the stairs (not quite running, as the cut of the dress wouldn't allow my legs to move very far) I tripped. There was a lovely ripping noise. I had ripped the bottom of my skirt at the seams! Thankfully Erica is a miracle-worker and stitched my dress up in a matter of minutes AND adjusted her belt so that it fit perfectly. I'm not trying to be vain, but with the help of Erica I looked DANG good! It was wonderful!

The ballet was... interesting. The whole time I was waiting for the ballerina to really give it her all. I could tell that she was a strong dancer, but was wanting her to show it. Plus, the coreography was very unique. The selections were to tell her life story - her journey to overcome her pain. Her story was the most entertaining thing of the night. She had a relationship with a prominent Russian Oligarch that turned sour. Then her perfect marriage that gave her an amazing daughter ended in heartbreak when her husband left her to join some cult. And I thought I had crazy relationship stories.
Believe it or not... there are no insane stories about my trek to and from church today! Shocking I know! I timed it and it takes an hour and twenty minutes to get to church, and an hour and twenty minutes to get back. Never again will I take for granted my 10-15 minute drive back home, or my 10 minute walk at school.

During church the high council speaker made the BYU students stand up at one point. He used us as an example of bright smiling faces that have a spirit around them that one can instantly recognize. I feel as though someone makes us stand up at least once every Sunday. It's slightly embarassing. I mean, I'm not as wonderful as they make me out to be so it's awkward.

My lesson went fairly well. The girls were chatty and energetic - which I expected. One of the girls in the class has Swine Flu. She's not contagious anymore. However, she was in church last week which is kinda freaky.

I leave tomorrow morning for Edinburgh and the Lake District. I'm so excited! I've wanted to go to Scotland since I was 12 and saw Brigadoon for the first time. I am well aware that Scottish people do not run around in tartan spandex and tap dance - which is upsetting - but am still super excited. I'll be in York tomorrow and staying in a castle. I'm really looking forward to that, as long as I don't freak myself out and can't sleep.

I'll be in Edinburgh from Tuesday afternoon until Thursday morning. I get to walk up to Arthur's seat, tour Edinburgh Castle, walk the Royal Mile, and do a ton of other things that I've been wanting to do for such a long time! Thursday morning we're going to the Lake District and will be returning to London late Friday night. Now I just have to pack!

This trip is the one I've been most looking forward to, as well as the one I've been dreading the most. I'm so excited and terrified all at the same time. Wish me luck!

P.S. Go home with Bonny Jean! :)

2 comments:

  1. Sweetie,remember to always look on the bright side of things...at least you dont have to sing your way through your Scotland experience!haha If you happen to run into anyone you may know remember what someone told you, you walk up to them first and say hello to avoid any awkwardness. Don't worry about what might happen just savor the moment because your dream is coming true. So...Enjoy!!!
    Much love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful experiences you are having, Im so excited for you to go to Scotland, I hope you have a great time and make great memories. Good Luck! Love ya
    Aunti Jana

    ReplyDelete