
So today we went to Southall! It was amazing. We went to a Sikh Gudwara. It was an amazing experience. First of all the girls had to cover their heads. When I walked into the temple I took my shoes off, washed my hands, and then walked up the stairs. I walked up to the altar, dropped in my offering (a pound or two) and then sat on the left (where the women sit). After sitting and observing for awhile I went downstairs and ate a meal with everyone. Once I was done eating, I went into the kitched with a few of the others and helped wash dishes for awhile. I really loved helping the women in the kitchen. I spent about a half hour helping. It was great!
We also got the chance to attend services in two Hindu temples. It was a great experience and I loved learning about other religions. I have such a greater respect and love of these different religions and cultures.
We spent awhile shopping! It was wonderful! I got a henna tatoo on my left hand! In the top picture, I'm the one on the left. Rebecca is on the right. It was so fun! It looks fabulous! I bonded with the lady doing my henna. I think that's why she did extra stuff on my fingers. We're basically buddies now!

These two pictures show the different sides of my hand. Waiting for it to dry was a pain! I had to do everything one-handed. I had to have people help me with certain things... it was interesting. However, because I waited for awhile it's pretty dark. I love it!

Buying things in Southall was wonderful! Everything was a lot less expensive than in London. I actually bought stuff! Like the amazing bangles pictured below! I have an obsession with purple... it's true! Aren't they awesome! Now I just have to find an occassion to wear them. Whatever, I'll wear them with everything from now on!

So here's an update. Becca, Tricia, and I bought our train tickets to Brighton. We decided just to go for a full day instead of staying the night. It's just easier that way. I'm really excited about it. We're going to see the oldest working aquarium in the world! Brighton is also the gay capital of Britain, so that's going to be interesting! I'm hoping that some of the other people in the program come with us too. There are so many great people in the program and I really want to get to know them better! Seriously, everyone is so nice and extremely fun!
Tomorrow we're (Rebecca, Tricia, and I) going to Westminster. We were going to go earlier this week but didn't get the chance. After that we're going to an art festival. Hopefully some of the others will come with us. It's free and they're having dance performances. It should be really fun.

After today's wonderful adventures I've decided that I want to become a Bollywood star! Sharukh Khan here I come!
I think Bollywood would be just the place for you. You would be a big hit with your beautiful auburn hair and almond shaped eyes. Besides they don't have any PDA of any type and they are modest. It would work out very nicely! We'll have to think of a good Indian name for you. Have fun!
ReplyDeleteLove MOM