Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I have a future!!!!!

Ok well today has been such an interesting day. I slept in until about 9 which was amazing. I didn't do much this morning. Rebecca and I ran out to Tesco to get sandwiches, cokes, and pastries for lunch. (We're sick of being healthy) It was necessary to get a sugar high in order to stay awake for the 4.5 straight HOURS of class today. I wanted to cry! It was so hard to sit there for so long. Oh well.

After classes Diana, Koryl, Rebecca, and I went back to Tesco. I didn't need anything but I just wanted to get out of the centre for a little bit. After dinner, pretty much everyone left to play soccer. I am not coordinated enough to play soccer so I opted not to go. I sat there on my bed bored out of my mind. Koryl was on the bunk next to me and felt the same way about soccer. After about 20 minutes I finally mustered up the courage to ask Koryl if she wanted to go take a dance class with me at the studio she found. To my surprise she said yes!

We only had about an hour to make it to the studio so we booked it to the tube station. To our amazement we had perfect timing the entire time. We got there just as our train got there, switched trains at the perfect time, and made it to the studio with 5 minutes to spare. Our class was taught by a very nice man by the name of "Little Milk". Yes, that's correct. His name is Little Milk. Little Milk is a very cool man with dreadlocks and a very interesting hip hop style.

During the warm-up I was totally confident thinking "oh yeah, I got this." Then the coreography started... Koryl is a dance major and is amazing. It took me a little while to adjust to his dance style and keep up with the pace of the class. By the end, however, I could kinda keep up. I quite enjoyed it. I sweat more in that class than I ever have before! It was intense! Oh man. After class Koryl and I decided we deserved a treat. We found a Ben and Jerrys nearby and I introduced Koryl to the wonderfullness that is Chocolate Fudge Brownie. She now loves it as much as I do. On our way home we found out that we both know my best friend Briton and had fun reminicing.

I thought the day had ended quite wonderfully. Little did I know what would happen next. I signed into my e-mail and saw that I had an e-mail from the School of Accountancy. My stomach dropped. I was terrified. I didn't want to get rejected while in London - away from my family! I signed in to the website. I clicked on the admissions decisions button. I've been ACCEPTED into the accounting program!!!!!!!!!!! I have a future! I'm not going to be a hobo! I'm so excited! I tackled Tricia in her bed (she was sleeping) then ran downstairs and jumped up and down and hugged Koryl for about 5 minutes. There was much squealing, jumping, and dancing with my friends here in London and I was so excited I was shaking. Then I ran upstairs and called my family. I can't even believe it. I'm so happy. It's going to be a killer 3 years, but I know I can do it. Goodbye social life - hello future!

3 comments:

  1. Dearest KT,
    We knew you could do it! Oh course we are so very happy for you and proud of you! You've earned it! You are my hero!
    Love,
    MOM
    PS-say hi to milk-man for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. That is super exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats kaitlin! that's so impressive.

    ReplyDelete