Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Importance of Being Crazy

It's only Tuesday and I've already done a ton this week! Yesterday was quite a fun day. Except the beginning. Sitting through class wasn't very fun. Class seemed to drag on forever. After class Rebecca and I had this massive craving from McDonalds. We booked it out of the centre and got ourselves a bigmac, fries, and a coke. It was very interesting because there was this table of French girls who wouldn't stop staring at me! Seriously, they wouldn't stop staring at me. At some point they even tried to take a picture of me... I wonder if they thought I was someone else.

After lunch we didn't feel like going back to the centre. Both of us had our oyster cards (tube passes) and we decided to go to Trafalgar Square again to go to the National Portrait Gallery. Oh man, what a great decision! I saw paintings of the Bronte sisters, Charles Dickens, Tennyson, Virginia Woolfe, and JANE AUSTEN! It was so great! Rebecca and I had a blast! They also had a very large portrait of Judi Dench. It was awesome.

The tube ride home was the most hilarious thing ever. I was really hyper for some reason. It was probably because of the two chocolate bars I had eaten. (Side note- I am in love with chocolate here. I'll never be satisfied with chocolate in the US ever again.) We were so hyper that we got on the tube going the wrong way! Once we realized that we had to hop off run around the other side and get on the train going the opposite direction. Classic.

Dinner was an exciting affair. We had chicken and we all ate a ton! During dinner we also received our tickets for "The Importance of Being Earnest". Diana, Koryl, Tricia, Rebecca, and I walked over to Regents Park early so we could walk around before the show. We took some fun pictures - like the one at the top of Diana, Koryl, and I mimicing the fountain. And of course, the shadow picture above.

The show was really fun. I love Oscar Wilde and I love The Importance of Being Earnest but I wasn't in LOVE with this rendition of the play. It was entertaining enough, but not fabulous. It was still fun to get out and see a play. Danny, some other MJ fanatics and I are planning on going to see Thriller Live in a few weeks.

Today was purely a study day. In fact, I'm sitting in my culture class right now. No worries - I'm not missing anything important. We're discussing gender roles that came accross during the play. We talked about attractive guy names. It was unanimously agreed that William is a hott name. I personally adore the name Tristan. That's just me.

After this class is over, and after I eat dinner, Koryl, Diana, Rebecca, maybe Tricia, and I are going over to Hyde park to study for our midterms. That's right - I have midterms on Thursday. We have to study today because we're going to Portsmouth tomorrow. I'm really excited because I get to see one of Henry VIII's ships!

Oh, and this picture is one of the many pictures I'm going to tag Garret in. He untagged himself in many of the pictures I tagged him in from Brighton. So now I'm going to tag him in every picture I take - just to bug him.

3 comments:

  1. British chocolate is good, but swiss chocolate is better. It literally melts in your mouth. Saturday took some friends to Broc (where Nestles and Callivier have their factory) and you put the free chocolate pieces in your mouth and they literally just melt away. Yum!
    I am glad you are having a great time. You sure are using your time wisely. Don't forget to study a lot (the bus/train ride back and forth to Portsmouth is a great additional time. Good luck on your exam on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is important to be crazy. As Rebecca asked me yesterday if I am still crazy. YES, of course I am! You do so much in one day. I am certain that you do more in one day than regular tourists do in a week! As Lizbeth said, "You sure are using your time wisely. I must agree with her too on the fact that Swiss Chocolate is better than any other chocolate in the world "according to Me"! But I will let you savor your British chocolate as part of your whole wonderful experience. Mind your directions and take care not to get lost. I don't want you to go missing for one minute!
    Love you,
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. craziness=of utmost importance. I love reading about your European life!

    ReplyDelete