Saturday, July 4, 2009

What a SNEEZY day!

Wow, what a day. Where to begin!? So this morning Rebecca, Tricia, Koryl, Diana, Robyn, Erica, Danny, and I went to Westminster Abbey! I saw so many of the things I've only seen pictures of. I saw Queen Elizabeth I and Mary, Queen of Scots' tombs! I also saw the place where Chaucer, Handel, and Darwin are buried. And of course I went and saw the monument for Jane Austen. There were so many famous people buried there. It was quite the experience!

After Westminster, Becca, Tricia, and I walked around London. We walked by Big Ben and the London Eye! It was really fun. While walking down the street there were tons of living art statues and street performers. We watched this really cool escape artist for awhile. Then we saw some funky contortionists. (Picture below) I think my favorite living art sculpture was the guy dressed as a police-man wearing a tutu. It was hilarious!

The whole experience was dampened a bit due to my INSANE allergies today! Seriously, I couldn't stop sneezing. I sneezed at least once every 2 minutes. That's not even an exaggeration! It was horrible. So we went back to the London Centre and I took yet another allergy pill. That didn't really do much. A little later Rebecca and I decided that we needed some candy and snacks. We ran over to Tesco, the local grocery store, and bought some Cadbury chocolates (thats right dad!) and gummys. I also bought some cereal bars to have for snacks.

On our way back from the grocery store Rebecca and I had our first encounter with Gypsies, or Roma. It was really sad because people were really disrespectful to them. It really frustrated me when this one man yelled at them. I wanted to remind him that they're human beings too. However, I didn't feel like getting confrontational with a very tall, scary-looking man.

After we got our sugar fix, we just hung out in our rooms for a bit. A little later Melissa, Sarah, Koryl, Lexi, Christy, Becky, Becca, Tricia, Garrett, Caitlin, and I all went to a local pub for dinner. The food was really great! We felt so cool hanging out at a local pub. (I was still sneezing all throughout dinner!) After dinner we decided we needed some ice cream. In celebration of Independence Day, we went to McDonalds. This McDonalds was classy. they had nice tables with leather seats and everything. It looked more like a starbucks than a fast food place!

After ice cream Becca and I ran to Tesco to grab me some nasal spray. Thank heavens for that! I'm feeling SO much better now! The sneezing has decreased dramatically. Oh and just a side note, I saw the most delicious looking British man in Tesco today! He was BEAUTIFUL! So Mom, Alisa, and Megan - there ARE attractive British men outside of the movies! Next time I see one I'll get a picture as proof!

Hopefully our journey to church tomorrow will be less eventful than last Sunday. We are getting our callings tomorrow and have been asked to bear our testimonies in Sacrament meeting tomorrow. I'm a little nervous, but excited at the same time. (I'm hoping my sneezing is gone by then!) I've only been to church here once, but I already love the people in my ward! They're amazing, and I can't wait to get to know them more!

Some of the girls who are dancers found a really great dance studio near the centre. It's not very expensive to drop in a class. Koryl went today and took some really great jazz classes. She and I are going to a hip-hop class tuesday. I'm really looking forward to that. I need a good dose of dance. We're not really allowed to have dance parties in the centre because the house is so old and the craftmanship is so fine. If we jump it cracks the amazing molding on the ceilings. I really need to dance, so this will be wonderful! I can't wait to see the people's faces when Koryl and I walk in! Two dainty looking girls who both look like they're 14! We'll show them!

3 comments:

  1. How exciting to have seen all the tombs and WestMinster Abbey!sighhh I am saddened to hear that people are so blatantly unkind to the gypsies. Perhaps if it happens again you can remind individuals that they are God's children too. As for the delicious Brit...probably gay. Have a great Sunday and I can't wait to hear what you are called to do.
    Much Love,
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS-What are the polka-dot covers for on the trees?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man the life you are living! I know you are doing school and that stuff too, But I am jelous! It sounds like you had a fun day! I think you could of been one of those contortionists! (I have seen you stretch and do some funky moves!) Why are the trees covered in material? Are all the trees that way? I hope you got to church in better time this week, and got put in Y.W.! Don't die of the heat! Love you! Can't wait to see what adventures you get to have this week!

    ReplyDelete