Saturday, June 27, 2009

I Want a Bra Dress!

Well, I have decided that I'm in love. Yes, that's right. I'm in love. With Portabello Market. I spent almost three hours walking up and down the stalls. I bought some blackberries! The lady at the stall called me "duck". I felt so British. I bought something else, but I can't tell you because I also bought one for Megs. My feet were killing me by the time I got back. I went with about 8 girls to the market but it was so crowded that we had our "buddies" and split up. My buddy was Sami, one of the professors daugthers. That was fun. I didn't buy much because I'm waiting until later in the term to splurge.

After Portabello, Tricia, Rebecca, BJ and I went to the V&A (Victoria and Albert Museum). Poor BJ, we made him go to the fashion and jewelry exhibits. I've decided I want to marry a Norwegian man because I saw the COOLEST Norwegian bride headdress in the jewelry exhibit. It looks like a crown and I want one! The fashion exhibit had some pretty crazy outfits. For example, the dress made completely out of bras (pictured above). I think it's totally awesome and I want one. It'll go perfect with my Norwegain headdress. After looking at paintings by Raphael we came accross a theatre costume exhibit. There was a section where we could try on constumes! Tricia was a jester, Rebecca was Juliet, I was a magician (the picture at the top, it just looks like a cool dress), and BJ was a priest. That was probably our favorite part of the V&A.

We decided to take the long way back by walking instead of taking the tube or a bus. We all walked through Kensington Gardens. About half way home the sky opened up and for the first time on the trip it started POURING! It's been really hot and sunny every day so far but it really poured this afternoon! Thankfully Rebecca had an umbrella which we both crouched under and hurried back to the centre. After drying off with towels Rebecca and I decided to go out and buy phone cards so we can call our families. It was just our luck that the rain started up again once we got to all the shops. We ducked into a little store and thankfully they had calling cards! Then we ducked into an Indian restaurant for dinner. I love indian food and this place was great!

Tomorrow will be my first time in my new ward. I'm really excited but nervous about getting there. There are a lot of closures on the tube and on the rail line we need to take. This is going to be interesting.

2 comments:

  1. I love the magicians outfit. I was thinking, that with my sewing skills I could probably whip you up a "bra-dress" with no trouble! With all the bras we wear at our house its a wonder I didn't think of a "bra-dress" before. A very good way to re-cycle!haha
    I look forward to hearing about your church experience. Sounds like it will be an adventure just getting there. Good luck and God bless.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kaiti Im so excited your Mom sent me your blog address. What a awesome experience for you to be in London, Im very jelous. I love your bra dress!! very good idea. Have a good day in church tomorrow, love you lots...Aunti Janan

    ReplyDelete