Thursday, June 18, 2009

First Post!

Life under a hol(e)y umbrella. Great name, huh? I have to attribute that to the amazing-ness of Katie Hutchings. I think it fits me perfectly.

Well this week has been quite...intense. My Meggie graduated Wednesday. I felt like it was my own child graduating! I'm so proud of her. My dad's parents are here from Utah and I'm really excited about that. My grandma and I are gal pals. We've already gone shopping and watched a 5-hour chick flick. That's where the fun part of the week ends. My mom's parents were driving here from Utah and got stuck in Ohio. My grandpa had a stroke and had to be hospitalized. My uncle flew out and after a few days in the hospital they started driving again. A few hours ago we got a call saying my grandpa had another stroke and was in a hospital 20 miles away from the house. My parents, Meg, and Alisa went to the hospital and I stayed home and made dinner. Yup, that's right. I made dinner. I feel so domestic. My grandparents are going to stay with us for a few days/weeks before flying back home. Thank heavens we have a nurse in the family!

In other news, I leave for London in a few days. I still have a few things to get in order before I'm completely ready. The whole packing thing is freaking me out. I have a tendency to over-pack. If I bring less than six pairs of shoes it'll be a miracle!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are having a great time. IS the TUBE really crowded? Hows the food. any good indian food yet.

    Have Fun............DAD

    ReplyDelete