I'm finally in London! Oh man, the trip was absolutely crazy. First off, getting on the actual plane was quite the ordeal. I arrived at the check-in two hours early. The line was so long that it stretched all the way to the currency exchange kiosk. I finally got checked in with barely 40 minutes left. The lady who checked me in informed me that I had been upgraded to business class. I had no idea what that meant, but my dad seemed pleased. I was really excited when I found out that meant that I got to go in the priority line for the security screening! Haha, but after I went through security I wasn't paying attention and got on the wrong shuttle and went to the wrong end of the terminal! I had to rush to my gate and was completely flustered. The best part came when I started boarding the plane. I handed the stewardess my ticket and she told me my seat was upstairs! There were stairs!!! It was so cool! Imagine my surprise when I learned that business class meant I got to sit in one of those cocoon chairs that turns into a bed! I was thrilled! The other passengers probably thought I was crazy because I kept taking pictures of my seat. Throughout the beginning of the flight I was so flustered that I didn't know what to do with myself. The flight attendants kept offering me things and I didn't know what they were saying so I said yes to all of it. So I ended up with a hot towel, menu, and a bag full of mini lotions and such. This was great since it was all complementary but frustrating since I had taken a sleeping pill when I boarded the plane and really just wanted to sleep. But I stayed up long enough to eat dinner. The flight attendants were really intimidating and I was scared to talk to them. However, this one kept trying to offer me something to drink. Finally he walked up to me and asked me if I wanted any wine with my dinner. Obviously I said no, however this made that flight attendant my new best friend. He thought I was old enough to have wine. Even if he was judging by european drinking laws that's still a step up from being asked if I'm old enough to babysit! I saw his nametag later and saw that his name was Freddy. Freddy the Flight Attendant is now my best friend.
I got about three hours of sleep on the plane and this whole jet lag thing is really getting to me. Upon arriving at the Heathrow Airport I had to take the Heathrow Express Trains to another terminal to meet up with some friends to travel to the BYU London Centre together. I had to take two different trains and maneuvering with two suitcases was definitely a challenge. Thankfully I met up with my group and was happily surprised to see that my friend Rebecca from my gymnastics class last winter was part of the group! She had been an alternate and was accepted last minute! The London Centre is BEAUTIFUL! I'm in dorm 3 with a bunch of really fun girls. We wandered around the area near the house to get the lay of the land and to get our passes for the tube. London is fabulous. The buildings are breathtaking and the shops are so cute! I can't wait to travel around, sightsee and SHOP! I can already tell that this is going to be the adventure of a lifetime - once I get over the jetlag.
Waiting for a flight after ankle surgery
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment