Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Sore Bum!

The above picture perfectly describes my feelings after riding my first waverunner. Megan was driving while I was riding on the back. Megan learned how to drive a waverunner from the number 1 BMX racer in the country... meaning she's a beast on the waverunner. As a result we almost fell off several times and my bum is exceedingly sore from sliding all over and bouncing up and down on my seat. I loved driving! It was much easier to stay on and really fun! Megan kept telling me I was driving too slow, but whatever! I had a blast!

(And I almost look tan in the picture!)

Once we were done on the waverunners we went and got ice cream. We took the traditional "eating ice cream" photo at the ice cream parlour. Melissa and KC obviously didn't get the "look like pigs" memo!
Today I drove about 20 miles to the neighboring island to meet Stacey at Coquina beach. It was great to catch up with her! We helped her sister and her sister's friend with their kids. By the end Taylor wasn't terrified of me and Maddy actually remembered who I was! Stace had some pretty funny tan lines from Africa so she couldn't make fun of my pathetic burn lines. It's getting better - the burn is almost starting to fade...

After dinner we all played this really fun game with buttons that my Aunt Jana and Uncle Lynn taught my dad. It was really fun and I lost terribly. Then we played the traditional "rich-man poor-man". As usual we had Dad trying to cheat, plenty of flatulence, and mini-musicals performed by Melissa and KC. It was a hoot!

1 comment:

  1. I can sympathize. My first time on a jet ski, I rode on the back while my boyfriend drove. I was bruised and sore all over for days! After that, I insisted on driving my own, and it was much better. Still a few bruises from speeding over waves, but at least I was in control!

    Looks like you're having a fun vacation... a nice segue home from London!

    ~ Jen

    ReplyDelete