Saturday, January 29, 2011

Cows, Smog, and Rock and Roll

"Oh my gosh! Are those COWS!?" I yell before slamming on the breaks. Becca and I had been in the car for more than two hours at this point and had reached Logan after dark. It had taken nearly 20 minutes, and 2 turn-arounds on the same 1-mile stretch of road to find the small country road off the main road that leads to my Aunt and Uncle's house. Once we finally made it, we were extremely startled by the baby cows (yes I know that a baby cow is called a calf) who think it's fun to stand RIGHT next to the road.

When we finally pulled in the driveway I was relieved. It was so great to see my aunt and uncle and cousins. I hadn't seen them in over a year! We all went to my cousin Dillan's band gig. I've mentioned them before - they're called Till We Have Faces.

It was really great to see Austin (above) who is just 10 months younger than me. (Notice she's rockin' the Till We Have Faces t-shirt. I got one at the concert. Can't wait to wear it!) Anyway, the concert was AWESOME! They played some brand new songs that I had never heard before and I loved them!
This is Becca and my second TWHF concert. We're pretty much huge fans. We had a blast dancing and jumping around. However, we stood RIGHT next to the speakers and our ears were ringing for a good 12 hours after. Ear plugs would probably be a good idea next time.

So, I really want them to record their newer songs because I want them SO badly. But I got their current CD and just uploaded it on my computer. Out of their songs they have recorded I'm OBSESSED with their song "Painting a Silent Planet" You can check it out here or here. After TWHF, EyesLipsEyes played. They were really great and the lead vocalist saw Becca sitting down at one point and he totally turned and serenaded her. It was really funny. He had a ton of energy and liked wearing his tambourine on his head.

The next morning I made breakfast for everyone and then Becca and I headed to the hot springs in Honeyville. The inversion was really bad so there was smog everywhere. You couldn't even see the sun! That was slightly depressing. However, the hot springs were so relaxing! It was so great to get out of the cold. We lounged around in the hot water for 2 hours, talked, and met some really interesting people who were quite chatty.
Obviously you can see that we looked SO attractive after our trip to the hot springs... After we were sufficiently prune-y we headed back to my aunt's house to shower and get ready. We left Logan around 5pm to make the drive back to school. On our way back we stopped at the mall. We got our eyebrows threaded! What an adventure! It was a very spur of the moment decision. We probably should have done that as we were leaving because our eyebrows were bright red while we were shopping. The salespeople at Zumiez had no qualms about pointing it out. It was pretty funny. Anyway, I bought a new ski jacket that is SO cute! I also got a few new cute shirts. (Thank heavens for birthday money!)

Despite the cows and inversion, the whole trip was exciting, relaxing, and just what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment