So, today was my 22nd birthday. When I walked out of my room this morning I found the apartment covered in purple streamers and purple balloons. And when I opened the refrigerator to get my orange juice, opened my cupboard to get cereal, opened my drawer to get my hairbrush, or walked to the door to go to class I found purple notes wishing me a happy birthday, telling me I'm pretty, or telling me to have a great day! My roommates are the best!
Business Law was even better than usual when a certain unnamed, rather good-looking, accounting student walked in wearing a purple shirt and handed me a pink Gerber Daisy wrapped in purple tissue paper. (His shirt really is purple, it just looks blue compared to the dark purple tissue paper)
I think one of my favorite gifts was Liz's "Twenty-Two Reasons why Kaitlin Rocks My Socks" ranging from #3 "every color of purple nail polish on the entire color spectrum" to # 15 "I am not going to slip, I am walking with a purpose" or #22 "Nice boots" "Do you want to wear them or do you want to date me?"
My best friend from high school, Stacey, is studying abroad in Jerusalem this semester but made sure to send me a very sweet email for my birthday and in addition to the email sent me this poem.
BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY COMING TO EARTH DAY PINK AND WRINKLED AND SMALL BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY IT WAS THE FIRST DAY YOU WERE ANYTHING AT ALL
YOU COULD CRY AND WIGGLE AND ITS ALWAYS FUN OT REMEMBER THE DAY THAT YOU WERE BRAND NEW
I'm pretty sure 22 is going to be great. And purple.
Man, it sounds like a great day!! How fun that you went on a date with Tommy! I miss that kid :) And the other boy, way cute! I think I need an update..haha
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! So glad you had an awesome, purple-filled day!
ReplyDeleteP.S. You share a birthday with my little sister! She turned 24.