Ready for a fun 2 month re-cap of my life!? Ready, set, go!
I'm home for the summer and I have a finance internship with a government contracting firm. I found out last month that I've been accepted into the Masters of Accounting Program at BYU which I'm super excited about because it's the number one accounting program in the country!

My best friend Jonathan has come to visit twice for Big Four Accounting Leadership Conferences. (He also got into the Masters Program - no surprise there!) It's been so much fun to show him around my hometown! The first time he came we went to Mount Vernon (George Washington's home) and to the Nationals game (pictured above). The most recent visit, I took him into DC and showed him all my favorite museums and monuments. He's coming to visit once more in August and we're planning a fun trip to either the beach or Harpers Ferry to float down the James River. I can hardly wait!

Jessie left for her mission to San Diego about a month ago. We had one last lunch date at a new Mexican restaurant nearby. I've gotten two letters from her already and it sounds like she's having a wonderful experience so far.

My highschool buddy Tom came home from his mission two weeks ago. It's been really fun to have him back. We went with his brother and another girl to see Mary Poppins at the Kennedy Center last Thursday. We had a blast! However, I was slightly disappointed that a few of my favorite songs from the movie are not included in the musical - but I still thoroughly enjoyed the performance. We went on opening night and apparently the First Lady was in attendance. I can't be sure though because I didn't think it was very appropriate to lean over the balcony and stare like all the other people around me.

After the performance we went outside to look out over the Potomac and enjoy the evening before heading home. It was also a great way to avoid heavy traffic in the parking garage. We took some fun jumping pictures but Tom and Chris are not the best photographers. The pictures Kathryn and I took were much better. :)

My little nephew Liam is growing like a weed! He's 10 weeks old as of last Thursday and is close to 14 pounds! He is so adorable. He can smile and giggle - it's the cutest thing. Mom and I absolutely love it when Alisa brings him over.
Work takes up most of my life right now, but I am finding a little time for fun. Mom and I are planning a few day trips to go antique-ing and spend my days off at Alisa's pool. In 2 weeks my grandparents are coming and we're all going to Palmyra, NY for a weekend. Then, the week after that I'm off to Michigan to visit my old roommate/ best friend Rebecca. And on my weekends when I'm not traveling I'll be at my friend Stacey's lake house swimming and boating!
This summer is nowhere near as exciting as my summer adventure in London - but I'm determined to have as much fun as possible.
Looks like you are having a great summer! We missed you this weekend at the reunion! Hope you have fun this week with grandma and grandpa! Give Liam a kiss for me! He has gotten so big! Tell everyone Hi! Love Ya!
ReplyDelete