Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Quest for Awkwardness

Wow, senior year. Talk about surreal. I started classes Monday and it seemed like the weekend would never come! It has been quite a week!

My classes are pretty good. I've already had about 6 hours of homework per night, but thankfully I'm fairly sure this year will be less stressful than last. Thursday night I went to "meet the firms" which was a recruiting event. It was a little overwhelming but I made some really great contacts. Plus, the firms gave out some really great gifts! (Like my new waterbottle which is PERFECT since it seems I have misplaced mine...)

As for the title of my post, "The Quest for Awkwardness"... that's the title of the whiteboard in my apartment. Last year Liz (roommate) and I kept track of our awkward moments. At the end of the year I had the most, and Liz had the best quality. This year, we've decided to keep a tally of all the awkward moments on the whiteboard. At the beginning of the day Thursday Tae and I were tied with one. At the end of Thursday I had three. Let's just say that I will probably be in the lead for most of the semester...

Moving on to this weekend.

Last night Rebecca and I attended our freshman year ward reunion. The invitation said to bring treats so Becca and I decided to bake. Baking is not something we do too often so we had my roommate take a picture to commemorate the event. Liz said, "ok, look domestic!" The picture above is the result... However, our peanut butter bars turned out really well! The reunion was fun (?) and a little uncomfortable, but it was nice to see people I haven't seen for awhile. But Becca and I left early because we had some more exciting plans for the evening.

You have to admit that the above picture is pretty dang good considering the fact that we had just returned from a dance party. My friend Justin (above) invited Becca and I to go dancing with the guys in his apartment. We had a blast! They were all really fun and totally crazy. I haven't had that much fun dancing in a LONG time. However, I think the best part of the night was driving around doing interpretive dance to Backstreet Boys songs while riding in Justin's jeep.
This morning I pulled myself out of bed around 8am to go over to Becca's (London) house to have breakfast with the Tutes! It was SO good to see my London Girls (Minus Diana who couldn't make it - sad!) and catch up. And I loved that Becca had a picture of all of us in London hanging on the wall.

So far the weekend has been great. My mom and little sister fly in tonight and I can't wait to spend some time with them. And maybe if I get lucky mom will buy me some groceries/clothes. Plus, if I'm out of town for the rest of the weekend maybe I'll avoid having more awkward moments. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment