So the past two weeks have been a little rough (several tests, papers, life), but then my luck changed. I went to Salt Lake and got a super cute haircut and went out to lunch with my cousin Chris. By the time I got to my grandparents' house I was feeling pretty great. The cherry on top? I learned a new word!
That's right people - I'm going to New Zealand! I was fortunate enough to get an internship with KPMG this summer and once you accept your internship you can apply for the Global Internship Program. Originally I applied to go to Norway, mostly because I thought - when else would I ever go to Norway!? I had my phone interview Monday and had been stressing about it ever since. In fact, I was so worried about it that I didn't sleep at all last night.
Today (April 1st) I received a phone call from one of the directors of the GIP. At first I thought he was calling to tell me I hadn't been accepted. He told me I wasn't going to Norway, but they would like me to take the weekend and consider if I would accept an offer to go to New Zealand. I was about to tell him right then and there that I would most definitely accept and didn't need the weekend to think about it, but the phone cut out, as he was calling me from Istanbul. I didn't quite believe it and was still convinced it was some elaborate prank orchestrated by my father. But lo and behold, it's true! I logged into my email account and sitting in my inbox was my offer!
I will be spending 4 weeks in New Zealand!!!! I am so excited! My dad is just as thrilled as I am - New Zealand is where he served his mission and has always wanted to go back to visit and now he has a reason to! I'm not really looking forward to the 21 hour flight, but other than that I'm looking forward to this new adventure! This is quite funny because Diana (my friend from my London Study Abroad) is in New Zealand right now teaching. Once she gets back to the states I'll be going! How funny! I haven't been able to tell many people and won't post this until April 2nd because no one believes me and thinks it's an April Fools joke. But it's true!!! New Zealand here I come!!!!!!
WAHOO!!!! I'm so excited for you girl! Your due for another adventure. Let's talk sometime soon. :) Love you!
ReplyDeleteVery Cool! Hope you have fun. My friend got a job with KPMG and will be moving to Phoenix, AZ this summer.
ReplyDeletecuz-Stacie
I'm so excited for you and your adventures! You are definitely the one I figured would be full of adventures in your college years!
ReplyDeletei will teach you everything you need to know. be prepared to get your heart stolen from you. this place is unbelievable!
ReplyDelete