So far this summer has been great! I spent a few extra weeks at school and took trips to Arizona and Idaho. While in Idaho I spent time with my friend Sarah from study abroad! We went to dinner and got pedicures. It was so great to see Sarah. Plus, I loved Idaho because people kept telling me I was tan.
On Mother's day I went to my grandparents' house and spent time with my extended family. Grandma made chile verde and we ate and ate until we couldn't possibly put any more food in our mouths. It was fantastic.
Two nights before I went home the Tutes (My London girls, Diana, Becca, and Koko) went to Color Me Mine because 1- It was the last time we'd all be in Provo together since Koko is going to Jerusalem in the fall before she graduates and 2- It's where Becca works. Despite my complete lack of artistic ability, my teacup and saucer turned out pretty nicely. After we left, Diana, Koko and I went to sonic for a soda and on our way home we did a Chinese firedrill - because Koko had never done one before! It was definitely a fun outing.
New Zealand update: Tonight I have a call with my contact in the Auckland office so I can ask all my questions about my time in New Zealand. I now have a work visa and my flight is booked. I'm not really looking forward to the 13.5 hour flight, but I'm really glad that my roommate Claire and I were able to get on the same flight. Claire and I are starting to do research about all the things we want to do on our weekends off. The number one thing on my list? Rugby game.
Being home is wonderful. It's warm and humid and beautifully green. Not having a schedule makes it a little tough to get out of bed before 10am, but I have only a few more weeks until I start my internship. In the meantime I'm planning a few day trips with my mom to go antique-ing, visit a few museums etc.
My favorite thing about being home:
This face:
I loved this update!! You forgot to mention the cute feather in your hair! I love it!! And I'm so extremely jealous you're going to New Zealand! Miss you!
ReplyDeletei love you.
ReplyDeleteHey! We are going to be in DC in 2 weeks! Hans starts his internship on the 6th of June! I need your number so we can stop by! hopefully you will be there! If not, could you give me your parents number? message me on Facebook. I hope I can see you!
ReplyDeleteLove, Steph