Sunday, February 21, 2010

Roommate Bonding

Yesterday was one of those days that I loved being in the accounting program. One of the big 4 firms sponsored a ski day for the accounting students! Our lift tickets were subsidized and our rentals were discounted, and they had a great lunch set up for us. They even let us bring a guest! How amazing is that!?

Luckily, Tae (my roommate) snowboards at the same level I ski. We were able to spend the whole day on the mountain together. We had a blast. PLUS the lifts took FOREVER, so we spent much of the day talking. Here's a little re-cap of our day:

9:45 - arrive at ski resort. Sign in, get lift tickets, go to rental place.

10:45 - FINALLY get rentals and head for the ski lift. We had the first lunch scheduled for the day so we had to be back at 11:30 for lunch... we fit one run in.

11:30-12:30 - Lunch and short speech by sponsoring firm. The firm provided a great lunch and I got to sit with people who work in the office near my hometown! It was great!

12:30 - 3:45 We spent the rest of our time skiing/snowboarding. It was a blast. At one point we had to stop so that I could adjust my skis. I had to fix my boot and I got a lovely bruise on my thumb in the process. Seriously though, it's a nasty looking bruise and hurts a lot... pathetic. Oh! The best part was on our last run of the day I was cut off by another skier and got separated from Tae for a minute. I saw Tae and took a shortcut to get back to her and ended up going off a small jump. Yeah, I totally landed it and did NOT fall! Go me! At the end of the day, looking gorgeous and wet, we found a person to take a picture for us to prove that we really did something this weekend.

Oh, and I realized how much of a nerd I really am... I calculated at the end of the day how much each run had cost us... I'm strange, I know.

After our little ski trip we drove to Tae's boyfriend's (Clint) apartment. He made us steaks after our long day on the slopes! (He's such a great guy!) Tae and I were exhausted but realized that we were completely out of toilet paper at our apartment. We KNEW if we went home with the intention of going to the store later we'd fall asleep and never get around to it. We went straight from Clint's apartment to Costco where we bought TP, poppyseed muffins, and other such necessities.

On the drive home we passed a new cupcake place that we've been wanting to try. We decided on a whim that it was the perfect time to try it. This cupcake shop has become a hot spot for dates and Tae and I walked in with our snow gear still on looking fabulous and consumed our cupcakes amid several nicely dressed couples. We fit right in.

All in all it was a fabulous weekend and a great time to bond with my fabulous roommate. I also learned that I'm not patient enough to put together 500 piece puzzles.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like so much fun! I love skiing! May I inquire, what big 4 sponsored your trip? I only ask because my boyfriend works for a big 4 firm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PWC sponsored this trip. But my dad works at KPMG.

    ReplyDelete